Monday, July 11, 2005

Rock Star Reality


In Black and White
Originally uploaded by Rachel Pennington.

I'm sitting here watching singers compete to be the new lead singer of INXS and it's so strange to me.

I was a teen in the 80's and I LOVED, LOVED, LOOOOVVVEEED (Ron White emphasis here) INXS. My car tag even reflected my admiration. They were fun, fantastic, and they could rock. Plus, it didn't hurt that Michael Hutchence was beautiful. I was devastated when I learned that he "committed suicide." I don't mean to go off on some Elvis-isn't-really-dead conspiracy theory, but quite frankly, I think Hutchence didn't commit suicide, but rather died from auto-erotic asphyxiation. (If you don't know what that is, you can Google it.) He was nude, he didn't leave a note, he had a baby that he loved...anyway, I digress...I loved him and while I'm all about INXS continuing on, it's not really INXS without him. Is it? That would be like the Doors without Jim Morrison, peanut butter without Peter Pan...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I agree with u totally Rachel. It's like Van Halen without David Lee Roth. After he left the band they just totally sucked and I don't think they ever really got back up to star status like they were with David Lee.

Liz