Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dragged Away

I was pretty much literally yanked from my house today where I was wallowing in sorrow. My friend Kandi told me to grab my camera and wouldn't take no for an answer.

We took off to the mountain and went by my Dad's house. We talked to him and my stepmom for a while and then went on to the valley in Rising Fawn. We went to an old cemetery where she and I both have family members buried. It was beautiful. The views of the mountain (Lookout Mountain) were breathtaking. From there you can see the point of the bluff that my Dad's house is on. I've been in the valley a gazillion times but never got that perspective. It was awesome. :) I'm so glad that I went. Kandi really needs professional help...but I hope she never gets it. :) We had a great time AND got some great pictures.

It's awesome having friends that care enough to tell you to snap out of it, and the truth is, is that I'm feeling much better. Had I not gone I still would've been moping around. I know that God will take care of my uncle, no matter what capacity it's in. If he is in so much pain that God takes him on, it will be something that I have to accept. That doesn't make it easier, but it's all I can think of that makes sense.

No comments: