Saturday, April 29, 2006

National Cornbread Festival

This morning we got up early and went to the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, which is only about 35-40 minutes from where we live. I'm thankful that we went early because when we got back on the interstate, traffic was backed up for a good couple of miles with people waiting to exit for the festival. It was a madhouse.

We headed to Chattanooga to visit with Marshall's brother, who is still in the hospital after surgery to remove a cyst on his pituitary gland. Marshall called him after we ate lunch and he said that he had a rough night so we decided to let him rest. We plan on going to see him tomorrow.

I still don't feel well from my having my hormone injection. I don't know if I had a reaction (you may want to stop reading here), but I have a big red circle on my hip/rear where I had the shot. And when I say big I mean the sucker is huge. And it hurts. I don't know why I'd have a reaction because I've been having these shots for years now. I keep asking Marshall and Cain to kiss it and make it better but so far neither of them seem to be up for it. ;o)

This photo is of Cain with Leah the Clown. We both thought the "clown" was very pretty. I don't know how she walked around on stilts like that, in and around all of the folks at the festival.

If you live nearby you should go. Admission is all of $3 and it's lots of fun. Just get there early. :)

2 comments:

Ledford Photography said...

Now that is a stinkin cute picture!

Val Ewing said...

Hope you are feeling better!!!!
I'm sorry but I couldn't kiss it and make it better either! LOL!