Monday, June 12, 2006

Daddy

Today I got up early as Marshall left for work. I got ready and went to the hospital. The plan was, was that Becky was going to go home for a little while, but the doctor came in late and so she decided not to leave.

They are going to operate on Daddy this Wednesday to remove his prostate. The doctor DID have some good news (and a bit confusing, too). He said that the biopsy showed no cancer. He said that that doesn't mean there's not any, but just the particular area they took the biopsy from. Anyway, they ARE removing the whole thing, and they leave the "hull," as the doctor put it. He said that he likens it to opening an orange, taking out all of the meat, and leaving the orange hull. Whatever they do, I just want them FIX him.

1. I have a picture of "Dandelions," a painting by Fred Swan, on my computer desktop.
2. There are seven paintings hanging on my living room walls.
3. My big goal for this week is to get things ready for a yard sale.
4. I plan to visit several blogs this week.
5. The weather we're having right now is miserable; extremely hot and humid.
6. I really should clean my bedroom more often.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

My FIL had the same thing done to him about 10 yrs ago. He recovered and was cancer free...it worked very well. I am wishing the same for your dad. FIL said the pain after the surgery was well worth getting rid of the 'bad stuff'.