Saturday, July 04, 2009

Butterfly Jackpot

fackleralabamabarnIMG_9955

I thought this picture was fitting for today. Marshall and I ended up in Fackler, Alabama, while we were out exploring today. This was right near the roadside.

Marshall and I had a fantastic day today. We left the house around 10 or so and drove over to Skyline. We stayed there for several hours, taking pictures of butterflies and then later exploring a dry creek bed.

We had a picnic at this old church (Cave Springs church):

cavespringsalachurchIMG_9940
I hit the butterfly jackpot today. :) There were so many butterflies all over an odd flowering plant that we found beside the road in Skyline, Alabama, that I didn’t even know where to start. :) Here’s one of the skipper’s I found:

skipperskylinealabamaP7040023
We found fossils and old horseshoes in the old creek bed. We left there and took off through Scottsboro, Alabama, then we headed on top of Skyline Mountain. We ended up at a wildlife managed area called Walls of Jericho (I think). We went to an old cemetery up there and checked out all the old tombstones.

We left there and ended up in Manchester, Tenn., and had supper on Monteagle Mountain. We didn’t get home until around 9 or so. We just had a really fun time. :)

I love days like this. It was perfect. :)

Happy July 4th!

No comments: