Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Poor River :(


I had to take a break from moving today to take my poor River to the vet.  She (turns out) has a HUGE hot spot on her ear as you can see in the photo above.

I had to drug the poor gal with meds the vet gave to me in order for the vet to see her without getting his face bitten off. It almost happened anyway - and thank the good Lord that she had a muzzle on, because the vet reached down and picked her up to put her on the exam table and the drugs didn't seem to help when he did that. Had she not been wearing that muzzle the vet would've had a horrible bite. :(

I wish she weren't so untrusting of people, but I'm sure you can imagine, if you've been reading my blog for a while, why she IS so untrusting (is untrusting a word?). After all, I found her in the worst conditions when we rescued her. She loves me, Marshall, Brooke, and Cain (especially me) and that is IT. She doesn't want anyone else around her, and anyone else around us for that matter. I do like that she's protective, but I certainly would never want her to hurt anyone.

She got a buttload of shots and some antibiotics, too. Hopefully this will be cleared up before long.

Sure do love her. I know that ear must hurt. :(

No comments: