Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Project Feeder Watch


I did my first two days of Project FeederWatch on Monday and Tuesday and saw 15 species of birds with a total count of 29 birds. If you don't do Project FeederWatch you should seriously consider doing it. It's so relaxing to me.

PFW lasts from Nov. to April. It's so fun to watch the birds that spend their winter here in our area start coming in, and then watching the spring birds come in, too. Plus, you're helping out the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, too. Give it a whirl, buddies!

That photo above shows some of the suet I made for my birds last year. They LOVE it. It contains oatmeal, flour, sugar, peanut butter and cornmeal. If I could find the recipe I'd share it, but I'll have to search for it. :)

I'm self-admittedly lazy, or that's how I've been most of my life. I HATE it about myself, but I'm changing. I knew it when I jumped up at 6:30, got all the dogs taken care of, and ran up to my chicken coop in 24-degree weather to give them fresh water and feed them. I might be a farmer one day after all. :)

And whew, it's COLD out there. I love it.

No comments: