Friday, January 03, 2014

Rude Chickens


This is a Pine Warbler and it's a winter visitor to my state (Georgia). I get so excited when I see the first one of the year. He's the only one I have but I sure hope that I get more.

Saw this poem, loved it:

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
~Author Unknown~

It was so cold this morning that my chickens stepped out of their house and looked to see what I was doing (feeding and watering them) and then went right back in their house. Rude, really. But I can't say that I blame them. I didn't want to be out there either.

No comments: