Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So Beautiful


Ranger is my nutball. He was trying to lick my phone, which I did not appreciate.

I left early this morning to run errands and I stopped at Cracker Barrel to have breakfast. An elderly couple sat down at the table in front of me. The wife was reading the menu to her husband and she said, "Oh, you ALWAYS loved chicken and dumplings, what do you think?" She's continued on and said, "When you used to drink hot tea you loved it with cream. Do you want to try it like that?"She went on and on telling him how he used to love this or that, or how he never liked green beans.  He obviously had Alzheimer's or dementia and she was so loving to him. It broke my heart because it was just so beautiful.

I hope that if I ever get Alzheimer's (like my maternal grandmother) or suffer from dementia that I will have loving people like her in my life.

No comments: