Friday, November 20, 2015

Hi!


Long time, huh?

I still don't have much to say here anymore. I guess that's because I do most of my talking on Facebook.

I've been pretty sick but I'm healing quite nicely. In September I had to have surgery and have my gallbladder removed. I also had a procedure called "Nissen Fundoplication." I had several other issues going on that was making me quite ill but everything has been taken care of and I'm healing.

I got a go-ahead from my surgeon to start hiking again. I'm trying my best to get healthy, to get in shape. I have two granddaughters to chase around (even though only one of them is old enough to walk just yet). I need to get healthy and stay healthy so that they will both have the joy of my company for many years to come. :)

Anyway, hiking. I started last Saturday. I got my biggest buddy, Jack, and he and I walked at Cloudland Canyon State Park. I hiked alone, too, which was pretty impressive because I'm a HUGE chicken. HUGE. But I knew with Jack by my side that I'd be safe. He would gladly take care of anyone who tried to harm me.

The hike was fantastic. In fact, the whole day was fantastic. We started our day with that hike then met my husband for lunch in our hometown. We got to see the Veterans Day parade, then later we visited with my son and his family. It was one of the best days that I've had in a long, long time.

I know you've met my granddaughter, Sadie. Here's my new granddaughter, Delilah.


She lives in Florida so I don't get to see her often, but I do try and see her every two or three months. It's not even close to being enough but I will take what I can get. She will be a year old in March. She was born on Pi Day (3.14.15) so we've nicknamed her Moon Pi, which I'm sure she will appreciate greatly when she is older.

I hope to blog more often just for myself. I love having a diary of sorts.

Anyone still around? Probably not, but that's okay.

God bless!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Pahleeze do blog, I know I follow you on FB too but I do love it when you write!
It feels more personal.
I'm glad you got the okay to go back to hiking.

What a beauty Sadie is!