Thursday, July 21, 2005

Devestation


Already Cropped
Originally uploaded by Rachel Pennington.

Well, at least to me:

I have had my digital Rebel for one year and SIX days and I was just out shooting and I snapped the shutter button and the shutter (mirror) stuck, and the camera went dead.

I'm sure Canon won't honor the warranty that's barely expired and I just can't afford another one right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. They might honor it, it sure would be mighty nice of them.

I found a Canon message board and everyone on there seems to think it's a battery problem. The camera is completely dead though, it won't do a thing.

I called Canon and a rep had me take out both camera batteries and replace them after a couple of minutes to see if that worked, and it didn't. I then recharged my battery and tried that and it still didn't work. I called Canon back and they told me to ship in my camera. I'll send it off tomorrow, I suppose. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they repair it under warranty.

I'm honestly so sick to my tummy that I don't even know what to do. How's this for irony: I turned in my notice two weeks ago to quit my job so that I could pursue my photography--my last day is tomorrow. Now I have no job and no camera!

Does anyone want to buy me a new camera? *sigh*

No comments: