Monday, July 04, 2005

Hiiiiiii!


Hiiiiiii!
Originally uploaded by Rachel Pennington.

This black snake was relaxing underneath an overturned antique iron pot. He came out to say hi to me while I was photographing the hollyhocks at my Dad's house. :)

The cookout was very enjoyable today at my Daddy's. The rain held off until we were coming back down the mountain, headed for home, and then we got quite a thunderstorm. I love storms. It sounded great and the lightning was spectacular.

Brooke and I are headed to her college orientation tomorrow. I'm not ready for her to start school, but I am ready for all of the preparation to be over with. I'm so worried that something won't go right, or we'll forget to do something. I wish I were the type of person who just doesn't even give things a second thought, who just assumes everything will be great until it's not. But noooooo...I'm a borderline pessimist. I'm much better than I used to be though. :D

No comments: