Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Milk Snake


Milk Snake
Originally uploaded by Rachel Pennington.

This snake will shortly belong to my son, Cain. My Dad has had him for a couple of years and Cain has repeatedly asked for him and I would never allow him to have it. I'm not afraid of snakes, it's just that I'm usually the one taking care of whatever animal the children promise on their eyeballs to take care of. ;) I think it's a milk snake. :) At any rate, he's beautiful.

Well if you read my previous post you know that Brooke and I and her buddy Jessica and her mom are all in south Georgia going through college orientation. It is almost 11 p.m. and I'm still so wound up from everything the school packed into my head today that I can't even sleep. Let me just tell you, I thought WE had trouble with humidity but OHMYGOSH, I was pretty much soaking wet (isn't that attractive?) all day from the freakin' humidity down here. Tomorrow they informed us that is should be 108 degrees with the heat index. I have blisters on both feet, too, from sandals that I've had for THREE years that have never bothered me in the past.

Anyway, now that I'm done whining I'll just say that I cried just a teeny-tiny bit today. I can't believe my baby girl is really doing this. Wow...they just kept talking about the freshman and how they are just beginning their adult lives, and will now be making their own choices, and blah-blibity-blah blah and I guess I have to face up to the fact that yes, my daughter is an adult now and will have to learn to take care of herself.

I don't like it.

On another note, I missed Cain really bad today. He's just at home, of course, but I just missed his morning smoochies. :) I can't wait to get home tomorrow.

OH, and one more thing: we are 40 miles from the beach but we won't get to go, for cryin' out loud, because our days are PACKED with all this stuff we have to do. I can't believe I'm this close to the ocean and I can't even go. WAAAHHH!

No comments: