Saturday, August 13, 2005

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Originally uploaded by
Rachel Pennington.

I took this photo today at the Chattanooga Nature Center before the bottom dropped out. Cain and I were walking through the center and had to haul butt back to the car. Anyway, I took about 70 photos and maybe 30 of them turned out because for some reason I just couldn't seem to get my exposure right. Oh well, 30 is better than none. :o) I was still pretty sad though because there were SO many things I wanted to photograph, but couldn't because of the rain. I had even checked weather.com before we left and it showed no rain for our area. It lied.

Oh, and as the storm was approaching, the thunder, of course, got louder and louder. It just so happened that Cain and I were shooting near the Red Wolf enclosure. The thunder boomed at once, which triggered the wolves to start howling, which in turn caused Cain and I to need a quick change of shorts. ;) I've NEVER heard wolves howl before. Sheesh, they are SO loud. It scared the soup out of us. It was haunting; they sounded so sad.

Brooke left for good today. :( I probably won't see her for three or four weeks. I did ok when she left though. It's just something that I'm going to have to get use to. She had a good trip down there and made it safely to her apartment.

Hubby played in a golf tournament today and while his team didn't win, HE won a Mag light as a door prize. :D Isn't that exciting? ;) He had a great time at the tournament. He really needed a break. He has been working his rear off, and his Dad had an episode the other night that really upset Marshall. We thought his Dad had a stroke because he lost his memory. He couldn't remember where he was, who he was, anything. He was taken to the ER where they did an MRI, CT scan and whatnot. They didn't find any sign of a stroke. The dr. said that he had Transient Global Amnesia, which he said is short for "We don't know why that happens." He's home from the hospital and doing fine though. :)

Today was a great day. I just wish the four of us could've spent it together.

No comments: