Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Spontaneous-R-Us


Cain had a dry run with the pen before he wrote on the pumpkin. :)

Now, about yesterday... Kandi called and asked if I wanted to go to Panera Bread so that she could work on her photo book and I could work on my horribly neglected website. I drove over to house because after we got back from Panera we were going to go to the woods over near her house to take some pictures.

As we were pulling out of her driveway she asked me what time I needed to be back home to start supper and I told her I didn't need to be home until late since Cain & Marshall wouldn't be home from football practice until after 7. She asked if I wanted to go up to the Ocoee and I said "Sure!" Mind you, I had about $3 to my name and I didn't even bring my pocketbook since we were just going to Panera. I stuck my driver's license in my camera bag before I left home so I had it.

We took off to the Ocoee and it was a huge disappointment. There was hardly ANY water in the river and the only exciting thing that happened was when Kandi was horribly attacked by something like beggar lice but with little spikes on the ends. They were all over her legs and I have photos that will come later. I laughed SO hard that I seriously thought I ruptured a vocal cord or my gigglebox or something. You just had to be there to see how many of those things were on her and her reaction to them. :) It was classic.

ANYWAY, we left there and for some reason she headed toward Copperhill, Tenn. instead of back towards home. We saw a sign that revealed that Murphy, N.C. wasn't too far away so we thought we'd drive on up that way to see if there was any color in the mountains since we don't have much of anything going on right now. To make a long story short, we ended up in Cherokee and by that time it was 5:30. We knew it would take a long time to drive back home and we had JUST got there. We were at the Smoky Mountains, we're we supposed to turn around and go home and just not even shoot the mountains?

I'm glad we did. We had a good time, minus the little sick spell that I had but we won't go into that. :D Just thank gosh THAT part is over with...I thought I was gonna die! Whew.

G'night.

No comments: