Friday, November 04, 2005

Cancer Is Taking Him...

...but God is receiving him. This is my uncle that I've been telling you about. He has been in the hospital for the past few days. Yesterday (Thursday) the doctor told him that things were looking good and that they needed to wait on a couple more tests to be sure. When the doctor came in this morning he said that things were not good and the treatment of chemo that he had didn't change anything at all, in fact, his tumors are growing; there is nothing more they can do. They'll be sending him home Sunday with Hospice. It's only a matter of time.

In this photo of him with his granddaughter he's watching University of Alabama football. He loves that team. :) I'm sure you can see how awful he looks--and you don't even have to know him to see that. He's lost so much weight, his eyes are sinking in and he has those circle, it just barely even looks like him. I hate cancer and I don't know why they can't find a cure for cancer, even though I've heard some different things from friends that makes sense as to why they can't--or don't.

I spent the day trying to console my mother, who has been helping take care of him and his family. She could not be consoled and it was just a horrible day. Finally near the end of the day I talked to her, and listened to her and she is better than she was. She has already lost one brother a few years ago and this uncle, Tony, is her "baby" brother. It's just an awful situation.

Well, I'm going to go relax my noggin.' Boy, I sure hope you weren't looking at my blog in hopes of getting cheered up. ;) And just so you know, I'm doing ok. I'm hanging in there I do believe. Thanks to all my friends and flickrites who have been praying for me and my family. *HUGS*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didnt realize that tony hill is your uncle, I have known him for years. I talked to one of his sisters outside the hospital here about a week ago. Im not sure what her name is. I dont know how many sisters he has, I know that it wasnt vicki, i would know her anywhere. But you could tell she was tonys sister by looking at her. ( may have been your mom, and i didnt realize.) i was glad to hear that tony had changed his life within the past few years, I hadnt seen him in about 5 years.
I have been saying a prayer for him and his/ your family at night. (i just didnt know that included you) What a small world.....

love you....kim

rachelpennington said...

My mother is his only other sister so I imagine that it was her that you saw. :) Thanks for the prayers. We need them very much. He's just fading away and I HATE not being able to help him. The prayers are all we're holding on to right now.

Love you, too.