Thursday, November 10, 2005

Roller Coaster

This is Hopper, one of my best buddies. :) She always gives me lots of love, even when I don't walk her like I should. She jumped up on me when I snapped the photo, but I think it made for a better photo anyway.

Today I went and bought a rake and raked leaves for a while. I find when I do a lot of physical work my mind settles better. :) Plus my yard looks great. Marshall and Cain helped, too, but with a LEAF BLOWER. Sissys....

When I came in I had a message from my mom and she said that the Hospice nurse said that my uncle would probably be in a coma by Sunday and be gone shortly after that. Now before you think, "Great, another sad post," let me tell you this: he is ready to die. He said so. He can no longer eat or drink and can't even swallow to take his pain meds. They are coming tonight to put in a "pain pump" that will release his meds regularly and straight into his bloodstream. But he's ready to go, physically and spiritually, and as much as it pains me to say it, I don't want him to suffer and since he's ready, then I'm ready for him to go. He's not going to get better, that's a fact. I said my goodbyes yesterday (just in case) and he said that he loves me. I know he does. I will do what I can to help my five cousins and my aunt and the rest of my family through this. That's all we can do for one another now, is be there for each other.

This week flew by. Cain will be 16 next week. I haven't even got him a gift yet. We want to get him a car, but he may have to wait a little longer for one. It makes me feel bad because we got Brooke one for her birthday, but circumstances were different then. We'll do what we can though, and he knows that. :)

No comments: