Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's June Already?

This is St. Benedict's Abbey in Atchison, Kansas. It's absolutely beautiful and I toured a few areas of it until I got a little spooked. I was there by myself and they have these HUGE halls and it was all just very...creepy. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just WAS. Anyway, I can't wait to get my photos all edited because wow, it's gorgeous. I hope all of my photos turned out.

Today Marshall got just about all of his work finished so we did a little bit of sight-seeing. We went to the Jesse James birthplace but it was closed for the day so we went over to Watkins Mill State Park. It was nice. :) We're going to go back to the Jesse James place before we go home tomorrow.

I also took a trolley ride through the city of Atchison, Kansas while Marshall was at work. It's a beautiful, beautiful city. They have tons of Victorian homes , and most of those homes have several stained-glass windows. They're just very beautiful.

I wish we had more time to spend here but I'll be glad to get home. I miss my son and bed and my pillows and my sweet Axl Rose who probably thinks I've abandoned her. :( And of course, I'd miss Brooke if she still lived at home. :)

No comments: