Monday, July 03, 2006

Need...Sleep...

I stayed up until about 1:3o or 2 this morning trying to finish up the washing that I had pledged to do the day before (and didn't do) so I was pretty tired this morning when the alarm went off at 6. I jumped right up though because I'm trying so hard to be motivated and be happy each new day. It's working, too. I THINK I may seem to be more pleasant to be around lately. I also seem to actually be getting things done. It's rather nice.

I'm reading "The Purpose Driven Life," (and hoping my good buddies Chrisi and Donna will join in with me). I am only to chapter 4 but I hope that I really gain something out of this book. I'm really enjoying it so far. Another book I'm reading is "God Came Near" by Max Lucado. I read only one chapter per night in each book so that what I'm reading can soak in. I am REALLY enjoying that book. It really makes me think about Jesus' life on earth.

1. Have you ever traveled outside of your own country? Pssh, I just got out of the south for the first time last month when I went to Kansas!
2. If you could be any animal, which animal would you be, and why? I'd be a whale shark so I could swim all over the ocean without fear of predators.
3. Do you read manga? Um, no.
4. Are you doing anything special to celebrate Independence Day? (For those of you who don't live in the U.S., did you do anything special this past weekend?) We celebrated last night at a friend's house with a cookout and swimming.
5. How many memes do you participate in regularly? Four, I think. :)
6. How much is a gallon of gasoline where you live? Right now, because of the holiday, it's about $2.77 a gallon. Have you cut down on your driving since the prices have gone up? Nope, don't have to: we never go anywhere.

G'night!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

How cool! We have The Purpose Driven Life also, but I haven't read it yet. I started on Joyce Meyer's Approval Addiction, but have now jumped to another book, but can't remember the name right now.