Friday, September 15, 2006

Beginnings of A Good Weekend

This morning I got up early and went to Cloudland Canyon with my buddy Dawnia. She's training for her upcoming trip to Peru and she's hiking up and down the canyon (like a crazy person, I might add) to get herself in shape. I tagged along, rather slowly, for the trip. :)

I have to tell you, yesterday as you know, I walked in the Battlefield. Today I hiked almost all the way to the bottom of Cloudland Canyon. It REALLY has me motivated to get out there and walk, walk, walk. I'm so glad that I went today with Dawnia. We had a great time, and my spirits are just soaring. I really want to get myself in shape. And yes, I know I say that every few months. I hope this time I really mean it. :)

We had a game tonight in Haralson County, Georgia. It was a little over two hours away. We lost. :( We were winning 14-0 at the half, and due to several factors, we lost the game 18-14. We should've beat that team. They weren't that good.

On the way home from the game we heard on a local radio station in Rome (South 107) that Cain was named the Defensive Player of the Week for last week's game against Coosa. Cain had two interceptions, a fumble recovery, AND blocked a field goal with 12.5 seconds left in the game. We won 22-21. It was awesome. Anyway, Cain gets a jersey, or some sort of shirt, a plaque, his photo will be on billboards in the Rome area, AND $250 will be given to the school's athletic program in Cain's name. How freakin' awesome is that?! :) We're very proud of him...now if he will only get that Chemistry grade up before his Daddy hangs him up by his toes.

Brooke and Chad were at the house when we got home. She has just gone to bed so I got to see her for about 2o minutes. :( They are leaving for Knoxville in the morning to watch the Tennessee-Florida game. I should make it through just fine though. Me and Chrisi are going to the War Between the States Day in Chickamauga. That will keep me occupied. :)

Appetizer
What was the very last song you listened to? "The Burning Bush," from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. I'm listening to the Film Scores station (my fav!) on Yahoo's Launchcast. :) Beautiful music, too!

Soup
What is one company/store/corporation you would recommend that people stay away from? I can't think of a single one. Well, maybe the Pepsi corporation. Eew. (o=

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy having your picture made? I'd say a 3, and it would be lower than that except for that I DO every now and then want a record of my existence for future generations. :)

Main Course
Besides a bookmark, what is something you've used to keep your place in a book? Right now I'm using plain ol' white napkins from a local restaurant. :)

Dessert
Name a food that you like that most people don't. Ha! Ask anyone that knows me. I'm the pickiest (that a word?) eater that I know. I eat the most generic of foods, nothing weird for me.

No comments: