Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Day One

Today was Day One of the "Lose Weight & Feel Great..Or At Least Not Be So Freakin' Huge Anymore" Day. My buddy Kandi and I met and went walking for a good brisk two miles. We were going to go a bit more but her new shoes caused blisters to rub on her feet so we called it a day. I feel great and I'm just SO excited about doing this, and that's something I haven't been in a while: excited about getting in shape.

You know sometimes you just get comfortable in your life and things become stale and commonplace, and that's where I've been for the past few years. I hate that, too. I could've been in shape a long time ago had I just stuck with my weight loss routine. I don't want to wake up anymore, a year down the road, and think to myself, "Man, had I only stuck with it, look where I'd be now!" I just don't want to do that anymore.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. The storm we had yesterday brought in some cooler air and it feels like heaven outside. This is my favorite time of the year and it (finally) actually FEELS like fall. I just can't get enough of it. :)

Marshall had a banquet to go to tonight in downtown Chattanooga at the Read House. We went but didn't stay very long. The Read House is absolutely gorgeous and we decided that when we become wealthy we're going to go and stay there one night. I tried to talk him into staying in Room 311, which is famously haunted, but he wouldn't have it. Hee hee. :) Al Capone stayed in that room (which has nothing to do w/the haunting), and many other famous people have stayed at the Read House: Winston Churchhill, Andrew Johnson, Ronald Reagan and many others.

Have a good night. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh excercise is soooooo good for the soul! Congrats, I will be your personal cheer-leader.

Dawnia said...

And Dawnia, Beelers and Tammy. We've camped there.