Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trying To Breathe

We got up early this morning (7:30) and got ready and headed to Sand Mtn. I dropped Marshall off at his parents house and then headed over to my mom's house.

I got to her house about 9:30 and we left for church at 10:30. My cousin Danielle and her son came and joined us, as did my nephew, Jonah. I enjoyed the church service but, no offense to anyone, but I just don't like contemporary gospel music. I just don't like it. To me it sounds like pop music and it's just not what I want to hear when I got to church.

I don't want to see people playing drums and bongos and getting down like they were at a rock concert. I know that a LOT of churches are like that these days, and there is NOTHING wrong with it, it's just not for me. That being said, everyone there was very sweet though, and I really enjoyed the preacher's sermon.

We got back to my Mom's house and I ran my cousin, Joshua, to his house to get some of his things since he is staying with Mom for a while. While we waited on him I took Mom to the store and let her get a few groceries and other things she needed, then we picked Joshua up, and I dropped them both back off at Mom's house and headed for my MIL & FIL's house.

I visited with them for a few minutes and gave my Lucy LOTS of lovin'. :) Marshall was ready to go after a little bit but said he sure did enjoy his day with them. I showed my MIL the new (used) car and she loved it. :)

We came home to get started on mowing the yard and doing the chores in the house. We never made it that far. :) We are both so tired that we've just been relaxing. We did manage to get the garbage out, and I straightened a bit, but we're saving the rest of it for tomorrow. I'm anxious to get it done, too.

I'm getting a bit of a cold. It's just my sinuses that are bothering me but I'm taking medicine so I think I'll live.

Speaking of living, it reminds me of those who may not get to do that much longer: Around 3 this morning I woke up suddenly out of a dead sleep to find my hubby's hand cupping my forehead. He was holding me down with just the slightest bit of pressure and he was looking out the window. He said, "Just be reaaaaaaaaaaal quiet, be still, don't move....doooon't move."

He's done this to me tons of times so I made sure, you know, that no one was about to kill me THIS TIME and then I glared at him and told him to lay his head down. He looked at me and put his head on his pillow and as SOON as his head hit the pillow he snored. He was asleep the WHOLE freakin' time.

When I told him about it this morning he denied it, then laughed. Yeah, that's funny! No wonder I can't sleep. It's a little more than scary to wake up to something like that, but he has done it more than once, so if there ever IS a killer in the room I might scare him off simply by yelling at my hubby. ;)

Tomorrow is the first day of fall, just in case you didn't know. Woo HOOOOO!

Night!

1 comment:

Dawnia said...

Oh, how I laughed. And laughed and laughed.

You should try some local honey before reaching for the big gun drugs. I don't like the taste of honey, but if you put it in tea to make it sweet instead of sugar you can barely tell the difference...

But let me guess... you are picky and don't drink sweat tea.

Fruit loop.