Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Remember God's bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! ~Henry Ward Beecher

Forever on Thanksgiving Day, the heart will find the pathway home. ~Wilbur D. Nesbit

I cooked a 27 lb. turkey. I also cooked a 22 lb. ham. I also cooked a ton of different side dishes and made homemade pies. Two people showed up for Thanksgiving dinner with us. Two. Two out of the eight other people who said they were going to be here.

My mother did not call, and I haven't heard a word from her. And that's fine. I'm SO over it.

My grandfather and my Aunt Karen came down for Thanksgiving and after our grandfather blessed our meal, we ate and had a wonderful, wonderful time together. We ate ourselves silly. I feel sorry for all the people WHO SAID THEY WERE COMING and didn't show up.

Later in the evening we went up to my Aunt Ginger's house and had supper with the Penningtons. We didn't get home until almost 11. We sure enjoyed seeing everyone. :)

Brooke and Marshall (yes, Marshall) are getting up early and going shopping in the morning. They are going to spend some quality father-daughter time together. And believe it or not, Marshall is looking forward to it. :D

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends. I hope yours was a wonderful one.

1 comment:

dawnia said...

I can help with that food.... I'm your leftover disposer. My family brought food, but no one I'm related to can cook really well so....