Brooke made this Caramel Pecan pie for our Thanksgiving dinner and I can't wait to try it.
My mom called me this afternoon and wanted me (or the kids) to come and get her, my nephew, and two of my cousins and let them all spend the night. When I told her that we only have one bed in our house right now, and no room to put another person (the kids are sleeping on air mattresses and the couch) she got mad at me and hung up on me. !???????!
How much do you want to bet they won't come to Thanksgiving tomorrow? She's mad at me JUST because I don't have room to add four more people. AND we have ONE bathroom. Can you imagine how hard it would've been for all of us to get ready, plus me trying to cook? I can't believe she hung up on me. I can't win with her, and frankly, I'm tired of trying. I'll be John Brown though if I let her suck-attitude mess up my time with my kids.
Recipe for Pie
* 1 (nine-inch) unbaked pie crust
* 36 individually wrapped caramels
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 cup milk
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla & salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.