Thursday, December 11, 2008


Marshall didn't get home until almost 1 a.m. this morning. We went to bed and of course I couldn't fall asleep. :( The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:02. The alarm went off at 4:00. We dozed until 4:22 and then got up (begrudgingly so) and were on the road by 5:05. Less than 2.5 hours of sleep does NOT do a body good.

Marshall drove first. We stopped and ate in Macon, and then I drove. I got about an hours worth of sleep, and he got about two hours of sleep. I'm always fascinated by how fast he can fall asleep. I just don't get it.

We got a U-Haul trailer there in Statesboro and had Brooke's stuff packed up very fast. She has been bringing her things back home little by little, so she didn't really have a whole lot; just her big furniture. We ate lunch there and then we hit the road again.

I rode with Brooke almost all the way to Atlanta. She was headed to Chad's family's house for the weekend because he has a Christmas party that she will be attending. Guess what that means? That means that my honey and I will be unloading all her stuff. She's a pretty smart cookie, huh?

The drive through Atlanta was beautiful. We hit rush hour traffic because we hit the city limits at exactly 5 o'clock. The traffic wasn't that bad, especially when I saw the light hitting on the skyline. Sadly I only had a point and shoot camera with me but it still did a pretty good job. :)

I STILL haven't finished shopping. This month is flying by! I know that I say on here that I'm shopping just about every day, but I haven't PURCHASED much. :) I have probably bought five small items and I still have so much to do. I'm excited about it though. I still have pretty much all of my Christmas money, so I think I'll just wait until both the kids are home next week and they can come with me to help me pick out things for our other family members. :)

I'm truly exhausted. I'm not sure how I'm still awake. I'm going to bed anyway. I tried about an hour ago to go to sleep, but as soon as I got comfortable, I was wide awake. :( It's infuriating.


No comments: