Thursday, July 30, 2009

In Just A Week

In just a week my "baby" will be starting his sophomore year in college. The summer has gone by so quickly. I just can't believe it's almost time for him to go back.

We've had a great summer with both of them home and we've gotten to spend a lot of time together. I think both Brooke and Cain had a lot of quality time together, too. They've always been very close and I'm so happy that Brooke lives home now so she can see him when he comes home.

Marshall and I ran errands today. We also got Cain a new (used) car to drive to school. It's very nice (a Nissan XTerra) and SO much better than the '92 4-wheel drive Ford Bronco that shakes all over creation when you drive it on the interstate because of the big ol' honkin' tires on it.

We surprised Cain with the car. Why didn't I take a picture of his face when he saw it? Because I'm an idiot. We told him to meet us at Wal-Mart because we needed him to deliver a part to someone while we went and did a job in Rome. We saw him pull up and wait for us so we just drove towards him and it took him a minute to realize it was us. :) He was just beaming! He was saying, "You've got to be kidding me?! You're kidding me, right?" It was great.

The car doesn't have any bells and whistles and bless Cain's pooooor heart, he'll actually have to physically use his arms and hands to lock each door and to roll his windows down--none are powered. LOL I know...pitiful, right? ;) Anyway, the BEST part is, is that the payments are only $240 a month. Yay!

Storms are brewing up outside. I had no clue that it was supposed to rain but I sure am happy about that.

Have a good night.

No comments: