Sunday, August 16, 2009

AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE! (That's A Scream)

SOooooo, we were leaving by way of going over the Smoky Mtns. and through Cherokee to come home. Even though honey didn't want to, I talked him into driving up to Clingman's Dome. We get about halfway up that road and we both, at the same time, spot a bear on the side of the road. I was so excited that I almost peed my pants. :) You guys know how I feel about bears, right?

I took about 8 million pictures. ;) Initially it was SO foggy that we could hardly see it so most of my photos aren't so good. On the way back down from Clingman's Dome we saw this one:

I got quite a few good pictures of this second bear because the fog was lifting. I was very happy. :)

Lucy had a rough day yesterday. We walked over to the creek beside our tent and the first thing she did was step on a big hornet which popped her a good one. :( I let her stand in the creek for a couple of minutes because I thought the cold would make the sting better.

When we walked back to our campsite (which was just across the little one-lane road) I sat her in a chair wrapped up in a towel because she was cold. She saw me go in the tent and jumped down and the chair fell on her. Bless her little heart. :( She's feeling much better today though. :)

We took our time coming home and drove through Cherokee, North Carolina (because SOMEBODY wanted to pan for gold) then down by the Ocoee River in Tennessee.

It was a beautiful, wonderful, FUN trip and I can't wait to go camping again. Funny, we have a camper but I don't want to use it. :)

Oh, and here's a video of the creek and the wonderful sounds we got to hear from our campsite:



I hate the way I sound on video, but oh well... Oh, and this video was taken with my iPhone, too, so again--excuse the quality. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK...I have totally missed the fact that you can shoot video with your iPhone!