Monday, December 03, 2012

Pinterest Part II


This isn't that great of a picture, but these are the snowman hats my two buddies and I made at our second Pinterest Party.  Mine is the hat on the right. We had a great time. I can't wait for our next party.

Today was a wonderful day for me.  I sat outside taking photos of my birdfeeder birds when I heard the Sandhill Cranes carrying on. I looked and looked for them and finally saw them WAY up high. They were higher than I ever even imagined birds would fly.


I was using a 400mm lens and they were barely visible through it.  They were just soaring around and enjoying their flight, or at least that's how it appeared.  Their call is so beautiful. You can Google it to hear it if you'd like.  They got quiet pretty fast and then that's when I saw this:


A Bald Eagle! He was also flying WAY up there. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the cranes got quiet when he flew by, but they did get quiet.

It's pretty exciting around these parts to see an eagle. They are quite rare around here, but we're seeing them more and more often, or at least *I* am. :)  It made my WHOLE day.

Oh, and if that wasn't good enough, the day before yesterday we had our first Cedar Waxwing, or at least it was the first one I've seen. Yay! I was afraid I wasn't going to have them here at our new place on the mountain.

Isn't that all very exciting?  I sure think so.

No comments: