Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Ol' Grandma


Hi! Long time no see! Is anyone still around? No? *crickets*

That's okay, but if you ARE around then you'll notice that photo above. I'm now an old grandma (is 45 old or young to be a grandma?)!

That's my precious Sadie Rose and she is the daughter of my son and his wife. She was born on Thursday, August 28.  She's a tiny little thing. She weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz. She's precious and our family couldn't be more thrilled.

If you read (and remember) my last post you'll know that my daughter lost her baby back in April. I'm happy to report that she is pregnant again and she and her husband are expecting their first child in March. Please remember her in your prayers and ask for a healthy baby. :) Our family is also very excited about this, too. :)

I hope to blog more often. I've lost interest in all of my old favorite things to do. I don't really go out and take photos much anymore. I'm not sure why. I have serious, serious concentration issues. It's all I can do to sit and type out just what I've typed out in this one blog. It's very frustrating to say the least.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm here!!! I was just thinking about you the other day when I came across one of the cards with a picture you took that you sent me. That's wonderful about your granddaughter. She is precious. I became a grandma in February at 40:):) we had our son at 18. I will pray for your daughter and her baby. Glad to

Val Ewing said...

Here here! I am here! Now that you have a beautiful grandchild you will want to take photos!

I became a grandma at 48, not a big deal. I had the grandkids stay here at the farm this summer for 8 days.

We had so much fun.
Time for you to start planning on playing grandma!

I think this will help you and your concentration? New life new things...all exciting!

Whitewaves said...

Rachel!! How great to hear about your wonderful grandchild. Although we have lost touch, I do think of you and I'm happy to hear about little Sadie Rose. I'm sorry about your daughters loss, and will pray for both your daughter and the baby.
Old! I don't think so, remember 40 is the new 30, your only as old as you feel, I graduated nursing school when I was 49, this baby will get that camera back in your hands - ENJOY! Dorothy