Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Well, as you know Brooke is home this weekend. Marshall had to work today so Brooke, Cain, and I got up and headed to the mountains (Lookout and Sand). We stopped by Cloudland Canyon for just a few minutes so I could get some photos of them.

While we were there I had them sitting side by side on a bench and this older gentleman and his lovely wife were walking by. They started talking to me about the trails going down into the canyon and then he asked Brooke and Cain if they were brother and sister or lovers. Man, if I'd have only thought to have snapped the camera when he asked them that! They were both horrified at his question and their faces showed it. :) They let him know right quick that they were brother and sister. I told them I'd have given them a million dollars if when he asked that, they would've said "Both." :) That made them both even sicker but I was cracking up. :D

We left there and headed on down to the other side of the mountain to see my mother and grandmother. My poor granny...she's just completely gone because of Alzheimer's. Her sentences don't make a lick of sense and it's so sad. She sweeps her yard. Yes, I said she sweeps it. She sweeps the leaves in little piles all over the place. Sometimes she rakes them but she mostly sweeps. Her doctor told my mother and her brothers and sister that if that's what makes my grandmother happy then we should let her do it. She does do a good job though. :) Her yard looks great. Seriously.

After we left there we headed up to Sand Mountain and visited with my Uncle Tony. We didn't stay very long as I didn't want to tire him out. He looked bad, but better than I expected. He was sitting in his bed watching the Alabama game. :) We talked for a few minutes and I told him that we were praying for him and of course he knows how much I love him. He cracked a few jokes and that made me feel better. :) He leaves for Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville tomorrow and has an appointment on Monday. Hopefully they will be able to do something that can help him out. I'm NOT getting my hopes up about it, but I AM being positive about it.

We left there and headed home. We stopped by a fruitstand and got Brooke a pumpkin. She wanted to carve a pumpkin because we haven't in so long. She and Cain did that when we got home and of course I took a ton of pictures. :)

Now she's in her room talking to people she sees EVERY day and I'm just sitting here waiting for her to remember that it's ME that she's supposed to be visiting with. *sigh*

G'night. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DID YOUR GRANDPARENTS EVER TELL YOU ABOUT SWEEPING THEIR YARDS WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER, OR YOUR GREAT GRANDPARENTS. THAT IS WHAT THEY USED TO DO " BACK IN THE OLD DAYS " TO KEEP GRASS FROM GROWING IN IT I THINK, I DONT KNOW FOR SURE ASK GRANNY IM SURE SHE CAN TELL YOU, SO MAYBE SHE IS RELIVING THE PAST... IF WE COULD ONLY BE SO FORTUNATE. AND CORRECT OUR MISTAKES WHILE WE WERE THERE. LIKE THAT SHARP RIGHT WE TOOK WHEN CANOEING DOWN THE BUFFALO RIVER THAT LITERALLY DROWNED EVERYTHING WE HAD WITH US...........AHH THE GOOD OL DAYS, NO KIDS,NO BILLS,NO JOBS, NO HUSBANDS!, CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE WE WENT WRONG?