Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Spiders Everywhere!


I brought all of my houseplants in from the backporch today and for SOME reason it never occured to me that there might be spiders living in them. So far there have been THREE Granddaddy Longlegs in my house. My sweet kitty (Axl) just brought one to me. Wasn't that considerate? Eeeeew! I hate those things.

I'm sure my friends and co-workers will tell you that I am NOT afraid of spiders. I don't kill them and I hate to see anyone else kill them. However, I do NOT like Granddaddy longlegs. I don't know why but they give me a major case of the heebie jeebies. They're horrible. I didn't mind them at all when I was a youngster. I carried them all over the place but now if one comes near me I'm going to shiver like the temp dropped to 100 below!

My husband, bless his heart, would wrestle a bear, but if he sees a spider--any spider--he takes off in the other direction. BUT, after I asked him nicely, twice, he did get up and get that spider away from Axl. I told him to get it with a cookie wrapper he had on the end table and throw it outside so Axl wouldn't kill it. And what does he do? He picks it up with the cookie wrapper and SMUSHES it! He killed it! Now, just to pay us back, that spider's whole family will probably visit us tonight when we're sleeping. Eeeew! Sheesh! If that happens I'm going to smush Marshall and throw HIM outside!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Ha-ha, and you take all those bug pictures and you don't like spiders???