Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Goodbye

I took my Mom back to the mountain today and I was so shocked when I saw my uncle. I know it's time for him to go. I stayed in the room and talked with him alone and told him how much I love him and how much he has meant to me. He couldn't respond, but his mouth did move so I'd like to think that he was telling me that he loved me to.

I hate this. I hate this sadness and I HATE losing him. He is withering away right in front of our eyes. He's nothing more than skin and bones. His face is sunk in; all you can see is his skull and eye sockets. Not pretty, huh? Cancer has got to be one of the cruelest ways to die and it's just as cruel to the family members as it is to the person that's dying from it. I know that's not a startling discovery on my part, but it's the first time my family has been hit by it that I know of. I HATE it. I HATE it!

No comments: