Wednesday, November 16, 2005

R.I.P Dear Uncle



My uncle died today at 5:15 a.m. He died peacefully at home with his wife, children, and his sister-my mother, and other family members around him. It was time for him to go, he would've hated being here any longer as he was. I can't believe he is gone. This photo is one I took a few days ago. His wife was holding his hand while she whispered to him. I love it and yet I can barely stand to look at it.

I talked to him yesterday. He couldn't respond, but I know he heard me. We had time alone and I'm so, so, so thankful to God for allowing me time to say goodbye to him. I'm going to miss him so very much that it's almost too painful to think about.

It's really not fair. I don't understand why he had to die. He was just 53. It's so hard for me to comprehend that three weeks ago he was sitting up talking to me, then as the days went on his health declined so rapidly that you could actually SEE what the cancer was doing to him. I HATE it. I hated seeing him looking like he looked. He looked horrible. It's just not right.

Please remember us in your prayers.

On another note, Happy Birthday sweet baby Jonah! Aunt Rachel loves you!

1 comment:

O' Tim said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My uncle died of prostate cancer. That photo is astounding - perhaps the Lance Armstrong Foundation would be interested in it. They are geared toward cancer survivors but, like your photo, are not shy about the realities of the disease.