Monday, May 22, 2006

Gold Glove

Cain won the Gold Glove award at the baseball banquet tonight. The award goes to the best defensive player of the year. His coach told the crowd that they could make a 30 minute highlight reel just of Cain doing his sliding catches. :D Cain is the centerfielder for the team.

My back didn't hurt much at all today. However, I didn't do a single thing except sit on my fat tail. I don't want to have to sit around all the time to be pain free, but enough of that...

I spent the majority of the day cropping photos of the baseball team to send to the banquet tonight. I made $43 and not all of the parents were there, so there were still a few more folks that I can show them to. I sold the prints for $1 a piece. I felt SOOOO guilty doing it because you know, we're a very small school and most of these people are my buddies. But on the other hand, they are the ones that encouraged me to do this. Plus, I started looking at it like this: I don't have a job. This is WHY I quit my job and this is how I make my living. They all understand that. AND one dollar is cheap. We've had people approach us who have taken photos of our youngsters and they sell them for $2 or $3.

Cain's football team has a blue and white game tomorrow. I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it. I LOVE football and I can't wait to watch them play. :)

Brooke is coming home on Friday! Yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$1 is nothing! You are great at what you do, and you deserve to be paid for it.

Val Ewing said...

Dang girl if you charged $1 per photo and made $43??? Wellll. That is alot of pictures!
Not only that I agree with Donna, they are well worth more than that.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, your photos are way worth more than that. Talk about great things happening with you. Cain wins an award(coool looking trophy)and Brooke comes home. I bet you're thrilled. Keep us up to date on your back.