Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Granny

Things have improved a little bit since yesterday.

I went to see my grandmother today. She mostly slept but we talked for a little bit. She called for her "Mama" several times. It was pitiful. I imagine that she wants her mama very much. I would, too.

I was helping my mother wash her (my grandmother's) hair and she looked at my mother and gestured towards me and said, "That's my most beautiful right there." My Mom said, "That's your Rachel," and she just smiled. I smiled, too, and tried to stay composed. Just looking at her made me feel dizzy. A couple of times I thought I might pass out--seriously. I didn't think it possible that she had any more weight on her to lose, but she looks 10 times smaller than she did when I last saw her. I just don't know how it's possible that A) a person could be that tiny and live, and B) that she actually IS still alive. Bless her heart.

I only walked half a mile today. A storm was brewing so we just went ahead and stopped. Oh, but I did weigh again and I lost 2 more pounds. (o= That's a total of seven pounds in a little over a week. I'm so happy. :)

No comments: