Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Found It!

Here are the kids working on their pumpkins last night. Cain was totally grossed out with cleaning out the insides, but Brooke, as I said, LOVES it.

Today I took care of a few chores around the house while Brooke visited with her friend, Shai, and Cain got things together for a camping trip with his buddies.

Marshall's parents and his cousin, Virginia, came down for a visit. We were supposed to go up there tonight but Marshall was up at 4 this morning and didn't get home until after 3 this afternoon. He was too tired to go up there, which really translated into "I want to stay home and watch ballgames," I think. ;) Kidding...he was exhausted.

Brooke and I decided to go to Chattanooga and have supper. We ate at Olive Garden (yummy!). I'm sorry, but I love Olive Garden SO much more than Carrabba's. After we left there we headed to McKay Bookstore.

I found a book that I've been looking for, that I couldn't remember the exact name to, for about 18 years now. I cannot BELIEVE that it was there, just one of the few books they had on Christmas. It's called "The Great American Christmas Almanac" and I just about started crying when I found it. :) I knew (or thought I knew) that it was by the Penguin Group, or something like that, but just never knew the name...anyway, there it was. For all of $2.00. :)

We didn't stay as long as we wanted, nor did we get to go to the haunted house that a friend is having. Brooke got sick so we headed home. We had a great time being together though. :)

G'night.

1 comment:

Dawnia said...

Sorry I didn't go with ya'll. I came home and crashed for about 3 hours then stayed up way too late cause I couldn't sleep. Sadly, I'm probably about to do the same thing again. Sigh. My body is getting me ready for spastic sleep I think.

Christmas weirdo.

Love you.

Love the yellow kitchen.