Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Where's My Energy?!

This morning I came SO close to talking myself out of going to Pump class at the gym. I'm so glad that I got up and went. I had a really, REALLY good workout and felt so good afterwards.

I'm having major problems today with focusing and staying awake. I'm having to take Extra Strength Tylenol for a stupid toothache. I've had fillings and a root canal on this molar but it will not stay healthy. It's driving me batty. At any rate, I need ENERGY. I can't accomplish anything because I can't keep my focus. I hate days like this.

Oh, let me tell y'all what happened! When Marshall and I were camping at the Smoky Mtns. this weekend we had to use the pay phone at the campground because our cell phones wouldn't work. Brooke camped with her boyfriend and several of their friends and then rafted down the Ocoee River on Saturday. I wanted to check on her so I used my credit card to call her. I got her voicemail so I left her a message that simply said, "Call us, we want to know if you're ok. I love you, bye." Then I called my voicemail to see if she had already called. She had not.

Yesterday I looked at my checking account like I always do so I can mark off what checks have gone through and to make sure I'm balanced. There were two charges FOR THIRTY DOLLARS EACH! The long distance carrier of the pay phone charged me $60 for those two calls. Two calls that were each less than one minute of talk time.

I hit the roof and to make a long story short, my bank is letting me dispute the charges. I explained to them that there was NOTHING on the phone saying that they charged $30 a minute or a flat rate fee of $30 for using your credit card. I was absolutely infuriated.

I don't know how it will turn out because I DID use their service, you know? But all the phone said was that it was 50 cents a minute or a dollar for four minutes. Anyway, I checked my account this morning and the bank didn't let the fees go through so I hope they will not come back and be charged to my account. Be warned. Apparently stuff like this happens all the time.

I just want to say again how much fun I had camping. :) We had a really, really good time. The only bad thing was that the campground had no showers so we had to just wash off with handi-wipes and our wash clothes (thanks again to my honey for buying me the Life Is Good hat so no-one would have to look at my hair).

I can't wait to go back though. :)

No comments: