Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Happy Memories"

I asked my friend, Donna, if I could share this picture of her daughter, Amber, and her husband, Anthony so I could show you who we lost, and to thank you for all of your prayers. If you've been reading my blog you know that Amber, Anthony, and Amber's Uncle James were killed in a car wreck last Friday, on their way to an Atlanta Braves game.

Thank you so much for your comments, emails, and for the prayers. I will leave you with this poem from Amber's memorial tract from the funeral.

Happy Memories
I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo, whispering softly down,
The ways of happy times
And laughing times
And bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve
To dry before the sun.
Only happy memories that I leave
When life is done.

R.I.P dear friends. I will miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is in my throat as I look at this photo. I hurt for friends and family...especially the wife, mother, and sister left behind.